If you have lodged your application for the HomeBuilder or Building Bonus government grants, you might be wondering what next? Applications for the federal HomeBuilder grant are now closed, but you may need to upload more information through the Revenue WA Online Portal.
The WA State Government have created two videos that outline how to Add Supporting Documents and how to Complete or Update Application.
We’ve also created a list of FAQs. If your question isn’t here, get in touch with your Sales Consultant or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Construction Timeframe Extended
Instead of construction having to start within 6 months of signing your build contract, you now have 18 months for the Federal $25k HomeBuilder grant (and the WA $20k State Building Bonus is now 30 months). This extension is due to the overwhelming response to the grants. The original forecast was for 27,000 applications across Australia and as of April there have been 121,363- including 17,752 in WA alone.
How to Lodge Your Application FAQs
- Everyone whose name is on or will be on the certificate of title for the property must be an applicant for the grant.
- Move Homes as your builder cannot apply for it (and either can your mortgage broker or bank).
- When you have a signed and accepted Build Contract, you can create an account on the Online Portal and lodge your information.
- You will need to log back in and upload any missing information when it is available (such as your Certificate of Title or Progress Payment invoices).
As of 14 April 2021, submissions are now closed.
Required Documentation FAQs
- The Online Portal lists all documents that are required so please check to ensure accurate information.
- For Building Bonus grant:
- Copy of birth certificate, current Australian or international passport or current drivers licence.
- For HomeBuilder grant:
- Copy of birth certificate, Australian Citizenship certificate or current Australian passport.
- Copy of the latest Notice of Assessment issued by the Australian Taxation Office for 2018-2019 or 2019-20 (if available) for each applicant, or evidence of nil tax return or non-lodgement advice if not require to lodge a tax return with your Tax File Number crossed out.
- Signed and executed land contract: both you and the land owner have signed and dated.
- Signed and executed build contract: both you and Move Homes have signed and dated.
- Builder’s registration certificate: email your Sales Consultant for this information.
- You will be able to lodge your application so long as you have the relevant proof of identity and contract documents.
- You can log back in and upload the other documents as you receive them, such as the Certificate of Title and Progress Payments.
The below documents are required before you lodge:
- Land contract: Your land agent will send you an executed copy.
- Build contract: Move Homes will send you an executed copy.
- Builders Registration Certificate: Your Sales Consultant will send you a copy.
The below documents are not required before you lodge, but will be needed at a later date:
- Proof of Construction Commencing: Move Homes will send you confirmation that your construction has commenced.
- Proof of Foundations Laid: Move Homes will send you an invoice when your slab has been poured (excludes Keystart clients).
- First Progress Payment: Move Homes will send you a receipt of when your first progress payment has been received- this occurs when the slab has been poured (excludes Keystart clients).
As Keystart clients make their first progress payment at Brickwork instead of Slab Down, the below documents can be lodged after your slab has been poured:
- Proof of Keystart dealings: Keystart will send you a Welcome letter.
- Proof of Foundations Laid: Move Homes will send you a letter when your slab has been poured.
This page was last updated 16 May 2022