Holy smokes! Can you believe we’re already in Spring? It feels like only yesterday the Government grants were announced and home buyers were scurrying to find titled blocks!
The 31st December deadline for the grants is like Christmas. It seems far away so many people put their Christmas shopping on the backburner. But come December, the shops are absolutely packed! The best toys are sold, there’s no car parking, and the queues are unbearable.
The same thing is likely to happen with finding a house and land package. The best blocks will be sold, there will be no titled land, and the waiting times for build contracts will be lengthy.
Why are contract turnaround times so important?
One of the conditions of both the $25k HomeBuilder and $20k Building Bonus Scheme is that your build contract must be signed before the 31st December 2020. So getting in contact now gives us more time to complete the below tasks and finalise your build contract:
- Find your perfect block: This involves you signing the land contract and us confirming any requirements such as noise or BAL so you’re getting an accurate price.
- Create your home design: We’ve got over 70 standard home designs to start with, but we know you’ll want to put your own touch on them! And if you’ve got an odd-shaped block, we will create a one-of-a-kind home.
- Finalise your home design: Our team will produce the working drawings that have all of your requested changes at a price you’re happy with.
What happens if I wait until November or December to speak with a builder?
Because of all the steps that need to occur, your build contract may not be ready before 31st December. In particular, the home design revisions can take some time as we want to get it perfect for you!
However, there are steps that can be taken to fast-track your build contract and get your slab down quicker. These include:
- Selecting standard home designs only
- Prohibiting any changes
- Cancelling an in-person pre-start meeting: Issuing an electronic checklist prevents delays between signing your build contract and getting your slab on site.
While the above steps will speed up your process, you don’t get the custom service that many first home buyers like.
What are Move Homes doing differently to other builders?
At the moment, we are still allowing our clients to make changes to their home, create custom designs, and conduct pre-starts in our office. There are many Perth home builders that have already stopped those three items!
We are also turning around build contracts within 6 weeks. To put this into perspective, our clients have been told from other builders that there’s a 12 week turnaround! Plus, if you’re selecting one of our standard designs, we can get your contracts ready much quicker.
What house and land packages do you have across Perth?
We build from Two Rocks down to Dawesville, so if you’ve already got a particular suburb in mind let us know! Here’s a selection of house and land packages we’ve already created.
Whether you’re looking to confirm your budget and deciding on your dream home, Move Homes can help!